Wednesday, January 23, 2008

vintage maternity clothes!!

I just won a lot of 1950's maternity clothes on Ebay last week, and I tried my very best to be patient for their arrival...Not once did I vocalize my ire that they hadn't arrived yet! I am very proud.

They arrived yesterday and I didn't get around to trying them on until today, and I am SO excited! They're all summer clothes, so they'll come in handy toward the end of my pregnancy in July!

In the lot there is:
A pencil skirt and smock set in beige lightweight gabardine looking stuff. Gorgeous and WAY too big for me. And no, I won't grow into it. The fabric is quite lovely so I'm considering altering it, but I think the right thing to do would be to pass it on to someone who can actually wear it as is. The smock has a wide boat neck and partial belt pieces secured with rhinestone buttons. ADORABLE.

A brown linen-like rayon skirt with a matching beige smock, also boat neck, with ironed in pleats down the front. I'm too chesty for the pleats to lay flat so I'll have to do some creative ironing. The skirt fits perfect.

A navy blue pencil skirt also in the linen-like rayon. Judging from the label it looks to be from the 1940's.

A turquoise cotton sleeveless smock and pencil skirt set. The skirt is a little big but it's comfy.

I'm so excited! I can't seem to find modern pencil skirts to fit me even when I'm not pregnant, so this is quite a boon!

No comments: