Friday, January 25, 2008

Baby stuff to buy.

For some reason I am much more relaxed about the prospect of buying property than I am about registering for baby stuff. I have no idea what kind of crap we're going to need for the nursery. I think I know what I want the motif to be, but I haven't talked it over with my husband yet. My good friend Leslie thinks we should do a zoo theme, which would suit Mr. Spouse just awesome, but I like clowns. So maybe a circus theme, then there can be animals too!

All primary colors. Of course if I choose all primary colors it will be impossible to find baby stuff in bright colors, so we'll see what I can find out there. I haven't the slightest idea where to look for baby stuff. Or who knows, maybe primary colors make for crazy sociopaths or something. Perhaps I should do a little more research into the psychology of colors.

Or maybe I'm just being totally neurotic about all of this. I don't know what to do!!

We need a crib and a mattress, and a diaper service, and some clothes. There! All set!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We did more of a safari thing with D.

Did you see that news story recently about a study where they found that almost all kids are afraid of clowns? Just something to keep in mind.

I don't think you should necessarily let that stop you from doing the circus/clowns thing, but just something to keep in mind. :-)

Oh, and trust me, you will have no problem finding baby stuff in primary colors. Babies love bright colors.

Unknown said...

We need a crib and a mattress, and a diaper service, and some clothes. There! All set!

Heh. I wish it was that easy. :)

Marta said...

Seconded on the clowns thing. I'm an adult, and clowns *still* give me the spooks.

What about doing a menagerie of countries? I.e., with both the animals of those countries (like the zoo idea), and images of the people and plant life as well?