Friday, January 18, 2008

thirteen weeks and a couple days.

Tonight we went out to dinner with some friends, and I planned ahead by actually eating a lot during the day so that I didn't feel so nauseated. I've been really lucky that I haven't had morning sickness, instead nothing looks appetizing to me. It took me a while to figure out they're two sides to the same coin, so hopefully things will be a lot smoother from here on out.

Instead of being super picky at supper and pushing my food around the plate, I was clutching my belly because it's stretching again. I've felt this since about 5 p.m. last night, and it just feels like I ate A LOT. Like the feeling you get when you eat so much your stomach gets all stretched out and you can feel your muscles pulling against the strain of your food baby? That's how I feel except it's a real baby. I was just thinking yesterday how much I am totally loving being pregnant, then this kicks in.

I don't like the amount of money I've spent on bras in the last two months either! I had to go get more today! I bought one that's a 32DDDD and one that's a 36DDD. That's just wrong! I think the discrepancy in size is just because of the difference in stretch on the elastic, so I'm not worried about that, it's just funny that I'm normally a 34 and yet I didn't buy my band size at all today!

The greatest part about trying on bras today was when the sales lady came in to help me with the sizes, and I put on a bra, jumped up and down, then grabbed my boobs and squeezed. I temporarily forgot that she was there! I think she was more embarrassed than I was, until I explained that I was still sort of mesmerized by my new boobs!

They're YUGE. They have their own moons.

Also, it is again 3:30 in the morning and I'm still up. I actually fell asleep and woke up at a decent hour a couple nights ago and I hoped that it was the start of a regular thing, but no luck. I still can't get to bed at a decent hour. I sit all bleary eyed in front of the computer, yet I'm still wide awake. I know my husband misses falling asleep next to me at night, but I just can't get myself to bed at a decent hour. I end up reading for four hours and that gets uncomfortable after a while.

And you know the best thing about going to bed at the same time as your husband? I bet you do. I wish I could remember!

Oh here's a picture from my shoot with Kevin last week, but this one is not an outtake!
2194853952_5b27338f00_o
Click on the picture for larger versions in my flickr account.

What an amazing photographer he is!

No comments: