Monday, January 07, 2008

tests

Eleven weeks, four days. I will be making the announcement this week and I can hardly wait. No more lame excuses for not going out or having wine, no more evasive answers to pointed questions, and finally a good excuse for why I'm looking so fat!

Oddly enough, I haven't gained any weight in a month. I'm eating much healthier now and getting more exercise, so that's probably why I'm not putting on more weight. Actually, my pants are feeling a bit looser in the butt, however I'm certain that will change sooner or later!

Anyhoo. We had our big fancy ultrasound today where they measured the neural tube and took some blood for tests. Looks like everything is fine. The little seamonkey was jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean and his heart is beating one hundred fifty-seven beats per minute! He even waved at us, but I'm sure he wasn't aware of it. I'm just calling it "he" for now, simply because our lame language doesn't have a proper gender neutral pronoun! We can find out the gender at sixteen weeks if the bean is willing to share.

I found some adorable vintage maternity clothes and I'm totally stoked about it! I hate the prospect of wearing boring clothes for the next nine months!

3 comments:

HiddenVixen89 said...

was just popping on through peoples blogs and having a nosey, so thought id best say congrats love :)

Anonymous said...

My midwife told me today that there is an old wives tale that says anything above 140 bpm means that the parasite is a girl. My parasite was at 160 bpm. :)

00goddess said...

Congratulations, Rose! I am so glad it's going well.