Friday, December 07, 2007

Second Ultrasound!

Wednesday we went back for another ultrasound. I am seven weeks pregnant and everything is normal. Since my last period was nine weeks ago all of us (especially the doctor) were disappointed that the little seamonkey wasn't further developed! Oh well. We just have to wait even longer before we can make the announcement to all our friends.

In the meantime I have lied to some of them. The other night we took a friend out for dinner and she was very curious to know why I wasn't sharing the wine with them! I told her that I only drink in the two weeks following my period and blah de blah blah...I gave her this drawn out description of my drinking system to avoid actually answering her pointed questions, and I feel guilty.

God I am hungry all the time. And nauseous. Last night at 2 am I was reading and suddenly I was so hungry I was in actual physical pain, so I went downstairs and grabbed a bag of crackers and wolfed them down in bed. Then I thought about masturbating because sex and food are the two things mostly on my mind these days. Mr. Spouse doesn't seem to mind, but pretty soon I'm afraid he may feel over-objectified. Men say they like being objectified, but I know from experience that it gets old after a while!

The other night we were having sex and I started to feel a little gas pain. It got worse and worse until I finally had to stop him, but nothing I did would make it better. I hobbled to the bathroom bent over like an old crone the pain was so bad, then nothing happened once I got there! I hobbled back to bed and tried to toot and it wouldn't happen, and finally after about a half hour I got a little relief! I still felt gas pain when I woke up the next morning!!

Apparently this is par for the course. So far I haven't started snoring or drooling yet, so that's good. I'm starting to figure out that my considerable mood swings are partially hunger related, which makes sense. I've always gotten a little cranky when I'm hungry, but now it's harder to tell when I'm hungry since it seems to be every hour or so, as opposed to every three hours like before. To top it all off, I get nauseous if I eat too much, so I can only eat a little at a time. It's no wonder I'm hungry all the time, but geez, it's hard to have a life when I'm in bed twelve hours a day and I have to spend fifteen minutes of every waking hour foraging for sustenance.

Mr. Spouse says my posture is changing. We're going to be parents!

4 comments:

Marta said...

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that the ultrasound was fine!! Yippeeee!!!!

(See, I'm learning - I phoned to ask, but then I at least got online and read your blog.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Right on!

Unknown said...

I missed these posts when you wrote them because my RSS subscription on LJ decided not to notify me of them until right now.

Given what you've said about your cycle being ~6 weeks, it makes perfect sense that your li'l one is 2 weeks younger than calculated from the date of your last period... Ovulation happens 2 weeks before the next period, not necessarily 2 weeks after the last. For most women, it ends up being about the same, but not for you. :)

Rose Algren said...

Hi Lyn! I disabled feeds from here because there was some confusion about whether I was posting to LJ or here so I started having people congratulate me in real life and I sorta flew off the handle. I just enabled it again today since it's now public knowledge that I'm pregnant.