Sunday, December 30, 2007

Husband's birthday and trip to the tropics!

It's nice to know that this pregnancy isn't hindering my ability to beat the snot out of my husband! His birthday was the other day, so a couple friends of mine helped me with his birthday spankings. It felt like we were the Charlie's Angels...we had a blonde, a redhead, and a hot Asian all ganged up on him! I think he had a good time, I know I sure did!

Tonight I made plans for us to take a fabulous eight day trip to Cabo San Lucas before this little bun pops out of the oven. I am so excited I can hardly stand it...we're staying at a resort that doesn't allow kids under 16 and it has an amazing beach in front, where I am going to drink virgin Mai Tais all fucking week! I just hope my cans will still fit in my bikini.

I am now ten and a half weeks pregnant. I spent some time on the phone last week trying to figure out insurance stuff so I can plan the whole birthing process and not pay out of pocket as much as possible. There aren't a whole lot of midwives under my insurance plan, and the ones that weren't Planned Parenthood only do births in the hospital. Fortunately the hospital they work through is close to my house, so things could be worse. Besides, all the people around me keep telling me that too much can go wrong with home births and I get tired of defending my decision about it after a while. I finally got to the point where I'd just smile blandly whenever someone started harping at me about it. I'm starting to experience that whole "It takes a village" rationale for butting into a mom's business already!

I get to meet the midwives from the most promising practice on January 7th. Time can't possibly fly by quick enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning a homebirth if all things go according to plan. *knock on wood* Anyone who tries to convince you not to can be sent to me. I have a huge rant stored up on the topic that I have been handing out for months. :)

Though if you decide that a hospital birth is the way you choose to go through this process I fully support you and will not hand you the glass of kool-aid. :)

Rose Algren said...

Hey thanks for the validation! Unfortunately I can't find any midwives that will do a homebirth and are also covered by my insurance. Since we're not as wealthy as I'd like, we'll most likely end up doing the hospital route, but with a midwife.