Monday, December 24, 2007

Boring old house renovation wishlist

In preparation of the nesting instinct I'm so anxiously looking forward to (as opposed to the sleep twelve hours a day instinct I'm currently experiencing), I have a list of things I'd like to get done before winter's over. Feel free to skip this post as it's more for my own reference!

A nice new cabinet between the fridge and the chimney in the main kitchen. It would be oh-so nice to have a place to put cereal and stuff, besides on the counter.

Tear out pedestal sink in master bathroom and install double sinks with vanity for storage. Also a mirror would be nice, thank you.

Build DVD storage cabinets in man room. Titles are easier to find when they're not in stacks of boxes on the floor.

Have curtains made for dining room and master bedroom. I'm not sure I want the neighbors to know so much about us once we have a baby! Besides, it's cold in the house without curtains.

Have headboard made for master bedroom. The one we have now is beyond ugly. I want a tucked and tacked velvet headboard to make any '60's housewife swoon.

Get roof checked for loose shingles, and repair gutters. The rivers of water streaming down the sides of the house freak me out.

Repair/replace kitchen screen door. If I repair the screen, how long will it be before the dog scratches another hole in it?

Replace rotten wood on south side of house, repaint. Rotten wood on my house scares me a lot.

Fix and sell Mustang. I wonder if it still starts.

Sell scooter. Goodbye Biff. I think I'd get in trouble with CPS I bungee corded a baby seat to the luggage carrier.

No comments: