Monday, December 17, 2007

EEEE! (that's a delighted EEEE)

We got YET ANOTHER ultrasound today. We really saw the heart beating today, it was so cute! The little seamonkey was smashed flat full frontal in my uterus so he looked like a bug on a windshield!

I'm eight weeks along, everything looks great, and we just need to find a midwife now. I'm going to try for a home birth, but since the birthing process rarely goes as planned I fully realize that we might not get to do it the way I want. I just know that I want to avoid a C-section if I can, and my chances of doing that are far greater if I have a midwife. It seems like I hear a lot about first time mothers only being in labor for a few hours before the doctor is like, "We're gonna cut you open!"

Priority one is a healthy kid and a healthy me, but last on my list is my doctor's schedule.

Don't get me wrong, I like my doctor, but trying to make an appointment with her is a nightmare. I've been on hold for ten minutes just trying to make an appointment, and I do anything I can to avoid calling her office. That's not the kind of relationship I want to have with the person delivering my first child. I know, I'm a total princess. I'm pregnant and I'm goddam special, for Chrissakes!!

I don't think that's unreasonable, do you?

I have grown two cup sizes in the last month. I am now wearing a 34 F bra. My pink leather jacket no longer fits over my boobs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you haven't actually announced anything is going on & I'm not following along because I'm not reading any of this, with regards to a midwife, there are lots of good ones in the area. I'd be happy to pass on the name of the ones I use (one of them remains our family practitioner). I love them. Definitely check around too, this area is a hotbed of midwives so you may as well make sure you click with the one you go with. Leave a little ping on my lj if you'd like this info. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, right on!! I've had my fingers crossed for you.