Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Twenty-two weeks pregnant

My folks are coming to stay with us for a couple weeks starting tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, but I am also really looking forward to it. Mom said she wanted to help me prepare the nursery, but of course I've barely started moving stuff out of it, and now I see that there's some water damage under one of the windows that needs repairing before we can paint in there. Super!

Kevin is coming over tonight to do a shoot. I was hoping to do it next week but since my folks will be here we had to move it up a few days. I'm madly trying to clean the house, get rid of incriminating evidence of my nefarious activities, turn the mother-in-law unit back into a livable space after it being storage for months, and prepare for a shoot. Oh, and I worked a half day today!

I'm doing a big purge on my vintage clothes too, so that's been painful. There's a 1940's cream gabardine suit that I've had for years and I'm finally going to sell it. It seems a shame to part with some of this stuff at the vintage stores around here since they don't pay a whole lot, but I know that if I keep telling myself I'm going to sell it on Ebay I'll hang onto it for four more years! I've also decided to get rid of my white Fluevog boots that I've had for less than a year. They're a half size too small, dangit!

Yesterday I took six boxes of stuff to Goodwill (and only came home with a bagful!), and I'll be bringing home a small dresser, and a small bookcase to refinish for the nursery, and then refinishing my black dresser for the nursery too.

Okay, I have to get ready to have my picture taken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.