Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just got back from Italy!

It was a great, but frustrating trip! I'm not supposed to eat cheese, cured meats or drink wine, and those three items are the pride and joy of the region I spent the most time in. It's SO unfair!

I found the dreamiest maternity top in the universe in Milan so I bought it in brown and gray. I would have bought 20 more of the same top had it come in 20 other colors!! I'm having a hard time finding shirts that cover my belly already, (and I have three months to go!) so I was thrilled that I found a shirt that will keep my belly from the elements, and it's stylish too!

We just got back last night and I've already been catching up on the stuff I should have been doing before we left. Today I've nailed down the upholsterer to see when our chairs will be done, called the mechanic to see when my car will be ready (it's been in the shop for ten months), called the Homeowner's Club to get someone to look at our roof and damp plaster on the south side of the house, set up an appointment for a walk-through with a maid service, signed up for birthing classes (and BARELY made the deadline!), and ordered our crib!

I think I need a nap already!

Also on the list this week is to bring home a piece of furniture from the shop to refinish for the nursery, refinish my great great grandmother's dresser, hang the roman shades, sign up for membership at the gym, and some other stuff I'm sure I'm missing.

I still need to figure out what I'm going to do for window treatments in the nursery, as well as wall and floor treatments. I also need to re-do the closet so our little fella will have places to hang his clothes that he'll be able to reach before he's a teenager.

Other than the nursery though, I think the house is nearly ready for him. Good thing too, because my energy level has plummeted! Something about not being able to sleep through the night, I bet.

No comments: