Tuesday, April 08, 2008

almost 25 weeks update

Just got back from the midwife. I decided to can the "centering" program because I didn't feel like I was getting the one-on-one care I needed. It was great being in a room full of other expectant parents, but I always left with lots of unanswered questions.

So today the midwife told me I weigh what I should weigh at 40 weeks. There are a few reasons why...one of which is because of my water retention. To combat that she gave me a list of things to work on:
1. avoid carbonated drinks and high salt food
2. drink 2 liters of water per day (I drink way more than that!)
3. swim 3 times a week
4. rest on side for 2 hours every day

That last one is going to be hard. I am not a napper. If I could rest on my side while watching teevee I might be able to handle it, but I generally get all the sleep I need at night, and during the day I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. But hey, if it will help me avoid these damn spider veins from all this bloating, I'll do it!!

She also told me to keep a food diary for my amazing weight gain, and she wants me to start getting physical therapy for the pain in my side. She thinks it might be a muscular thing.

We're going to Italy this month, so that should be fun. I am not looking forward to the twelve hour flight to Heathrow's infamous Terminal 5. The good news is that we're flying business class, where the seats go completely horizontal! My midwife wants me to wear a pair of support panythose for the whole flight. I've been wearing support knee-his for the past week or more and I gotta say they don't make any difference with all this bloating.

My husband was out of town for a couple days last week, and while he was gone Quincy was very, very good. As soon as he got home the dog took a crap on the rug. I'm starting to think that Quincy's behavior problems have more to do with Mr. Spouse than our training. After the crapping incident, the dog quit obeying me and was running ahead of me throughout the house. I had to roll him over on his back and stand over him three times before I got him to mind. I also took him to the vet where I found out he has an ear infection, AND a skin infection! Rad! Now he's taking antibiotics for the skin infection, ear drops for the ear infection, plus fish oil supplements for his skin and coat and his regular monthly heartworm medicine. Crikey that is one expensive free dog!

Other than that, it's been a rather ordinary week or so, I'm thrilled to report. I still have alarming gas that makes me laugh really hard, which in turn hurts my side. I've been horny as all hell for weeks, and I just can't get off anymore. My cat is super and my husband is terrific. Life is good.

No comments: