Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Woohoo! I'm back!

So it must be true...I am pregnant again! It's still too early to announce it, so if you know me and you see me in public, don't ask about it just in case I miscarry. I'd hate to get all emotional if this pregnancy doesn't stick and someone asks me how it's going. I'm sure you'd want to avoid that situation too.

Okay, enough with the depressing part!

I stopped taking my low dose birth control pills in mid-July, then a couple weeks later I noticed a telltale stringy discharge not unlike what it's supposed to look like when I'm ovulating. That night I took advantage of my husband and something must have gone right because I'm pregnant already! I only had one weird three week period in there and I'm not quite sure when it was, but a couple weeks ago I had some spotting which might have been the egg implanting on my uterine wall. Five days later I peed on a stick, handed it to Mr. Spouse while I cleaned myself up and he got to see the results before I did! He was so excited!

So far my symptoms have been mild. Big mood swings, occasional panic attacks (not really panic attacks, but for me they're pretty bad), extreme thirst, entertaining gas, skin darkening on the face (dammit), sleeping A LOT, and a little bit of nausea. I've been a little worried that I'm not pregnant after all because my symptoms this time are so different from last time at this stage, but then last night I read my pregnancy book and my symptoms are pretty standard.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare. That's something I missed with the last pregnancy. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing because I had to get up and distract myself for an hour. I won't go into detail, but basically Henry drowned in the bathtub in my nightmare. I hope to Christ I never have another dream like that. I count my lucky stars every day that I rarely remember my dreams when one like this comes up.

So my big challenge during this pregnancy is continuing nursing Henry. I'm going to have to watch my diet because feeding my son, building a new organ and a new person while maintaining my own body is going to be a huge task. Hopefully this time I don't gain sixty pounds, that extra weight didn't make anything any easier towards the end.

I was just reading on one of my breastfeeding communities that some women had their colostrum come in as early as twelve weeks, and as a result their breastfeeding kids had horrendous diapers. Apparently it's a laxative. Super duper. I don't want to stop nursing Henry until he decides its time. He really loves it and I like that he's getting the nutrition.

I guess there's no sense in worrying about it now, I'll just take it as it comes. Worry never solves anything!

We have our first doctor's appointment today, we get to figure out how far along I am. I think I'm at seven weeks, judging by that spotting!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Exciting! Congratulations!

Priscilla said...

Congratulations Rose! You're a great mom.