Monday, November 09, 2009

Nursing while pregnant

I feel like I gripe about this every chance I get, but wow, nursing while pregnant is really, really annoying!! Henry doesn't nurse much during the day anymore thanfully, but in the evening, at night and in the morning it's torture. I feel like there's an electric current going from my nipples to the cringe section of my brain, so every time something brushes them I need to cringe. The actual nursing is okay for the first hour or so, but after repeated abuse I start fantasizing about how nice it would be if he had a sippy cup of milk instead.

I have no intention of stopping, I want Henry to self-wean. I have complete confidence in my body's ability to make enough milk for him and his new sibling when he arrives. Just this part is really hard for me. I read that it's not easy so at least I was prepared!

Besides the sensitive nipples, there's the sooting pain of new milk production after he's done nursing. It's kinda neat that my body is capable of all this. Clearly, we humans aren't biologically meant to be pregnant while nursing!

No comments: