Sunday, October 04, 2009

I am nine and a half weeks pregnant already and I've lost four pounds I couldn't afford to lose. I think dealing with the nausea and a somewhat limited diet due to my braces is taking a toll. And of course I am still nursing and that burns a lot of calories. I am now below my pre-Henry pregnancy weight and several pounds of what's left is in my lactating boobs, which are still four cup sizes bigger than they were before Henry. I look like a lollipop.

However, I am lucky that so far in this pregnancy my cravings are nutritious! I'm craving tunafish sandwiches, oatmeal, molasses, and milk! Mmm. I'm eating oatmeal and molasses right now.

I had my first appointment with the OB last week. She says everything is going really well and our little bean has a very strong heartbeat! She thinks I have very little chance of a miscarriage now, which means in May next year I will be trying to care for a 21 month old toddler and a newborn! It's an exciting prospect that fills me with both joy and dread.

I think I may go for the planned C-section with my current doc. I don't think I have ever had a doctor I actually LIKED do much. I don't think it's worth risking this unique experience for a chance at a vaginal birth. I still have time to think about it. I really don't want to get cut open again, but I don't want 96 hours of labor ending in getting cut open like last time either.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

It sounds like you are craving iron. Tuna fish sammiches are so yummy, I want one now.

I'm so happy for you Rose! You are a champion mom.