Friday, February 01, 2008

Shower!

Today I spent the afternoon hanging out with my sister-in-law and nephew. We went to Babies-R-Us and she gave me the grand tour of stuff she found useful, and helped me figure out some good stuff to look for in a stroller. I got to handle the travel system I really liked, only to find out that the car seat that goes with it, while cute, its seventeen pounds as opposed to the seven or eight pounds that most other car seats are. I think I may go ahead and get the stroller that goes with it because it comes in orange polka dots and it's super light. I don't want to waste a lot of energy heaving heavy strollers out of my trunk, thx.

Could you imagine a seventeen pound car seat? It holds babies up to thirty pounds! Um, no thanks!

So when I told my mom that I was pregnant, oh so many months ago, she said she hasn't been to a shower in a really long time and it was really too bad that she wouldn't be here when I have mine. Well I've been thinking about it a lot, and while my sister-in law and I were having lunch she offered to throw me a shower and I got all excited because we can have a really early one so my mom can come! I'm so excited!

Problem is, she'll be here end of March. That's awfully soon, and that means I have to come up with the list of folks to invite. I hate doing stuff like this, I always worry I'll forget something! It also means I can't put off registering any longer. I want to register on Amazon.com but I find the UI so confusing there that I just hate shopping there! I suppose I'll get over it.

Of course my other friend has offered to throw me another shower in May, so that should be super great as well. My cup runneth over! I'm so lucky!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's why you're worrying about creating a registry so early. :)

As far as the travel system, 17lbs for just the carseat? Without the kid in it? That's nuts!

That said, I highly recommend travel systems. It sure is nice being able to take an infant from car to out and about without having to take him/her out of the carseat. Particularly since infants sleep so much. :)